Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Celebrate Your Inner Elf


I'm a week away from being done my latest grad course. I have a 50% paper due in 6 days and to blow off some steam and relax a little, I picked up my copics and some Christmas papers. Everything I've used here are oldies and, in my opinion, goodies. This sentiment is a favourite of mine and it is by the digital brilliance and wordsmith, Paulette at TLC Creations. No, I'm not on Paulette's design team, or any other design team during this season of my life, but I still want to link up when I can...


I really love this image. It's from an older Stampin' Up! set, Big Celebrations, that wasn't available very long. I coloured it by laying down a solid layer of colour on the tree and shading it using Prisma colour pencils, using Gamsol to blend it in. I tell you it felt so good to colour for awhile! I wanted the ornaments to look like glass balls, so I applied a coat of Glossy accents thickly, and the light is picking up the shine it makes! Delightful!!


I am trying to give more attention to the insides of my cards these days, so I used some Eskimo Kisses designer paper to coordinate the inside with the outside. I'm not convinced I made a good choice using the stamps I did on the inside because it has a very vintage feel, unlike the card front. Oh well! It's too late now...

Thanks for popping by and sticking with me during my long absences. I sincerely appreciate it!!

stamps; big celebrations (SU!), sentiment (tlc creations)
paper; eskimo kisses (basic grey), white canvas, coconut swirl, kraft (bazzill)
ink; Tuxedo Black (memento), antique linen, tea dye, vintage photo distress ink (ranger)
accessories; sm rectangle, lg long rectangles (spellbinders), pink brads (Q&Co), green rhinestones (kaiser), ribbon (SU!)

2 comments:

Stamping Becky said...

Beautiful card, Loretta! I love the 3D effect you created on the tree and elf image, just by colouring with Copics!

Tlc Creations said...

This is gorgeous. Beautifully constructed.
Paulette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...