Friday, November 29, 2013

Snowman, Darling Snowman


I have lots of digital images, and this Snowman from Pure Innocence is one of my favourites. I won't tell you how long I've had it printed, waiting to be coloured. It's just embarassing really. I am happy to say I have several cards to post in the near future, most of them are Christmas cards. I didn't have time to make Christmas cards last year, and it was quite a sad situation! This year, the areas of my life are a little more in balance.


I am so pleased I was able to capture the 'snowfall' on the snowman's hat! I just love the effect of Stardust stickles on this image. It is all coloured with Copic markers. I can see areas that tell me I'm a little rusty, but I hope to get that all worked out over the next few weeks. I am happy to be stamping for me, and to relax. My wonderful family doesn't demand too much of my time when I am in my studio with my door closed. They are being very generous with me!


I dug through a few drawers because I couldn't remember where my charms were, and I found this lovely silver snowflake. I could have told you the manufacturer 2 years ago, but not any more. Sorry! It's perfect for this card though!!


I had my 12 yo daughter sort my Christmas stamps with me and I found this gem buried in my Christmas stamp tote. I love this sentiment to bits and I think it is lovely with this image.

I hope your weekend is blessed and restful.

stamps; snowman (pure innocence), sentiment (unknown)
ink; pitch black distress ink (ranger)
paper; blitzen (basic grey), coconut swirl, white canvas (bazzill), x-press it blending card (copic)
accessories; labels 8, circles, squares (spellbinders), clear rhinestones (bazzill), snowflake charm (unknown), stardust stickles (ranger), white ribbon (SU!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...