Sunday, January 11, 2015

A Day for Kindness

I truly enjoy colouring, but I don't have much time for it at the moment. This weekend, I set aside time to do a little bit for me. I printed a darling little image from A Day for Daisies that I have wanted to colour for ages.


I used some older Basic Grey papers for my colour inspiration. I wanted to make sure that the paper I chose was a little retro juvenile in appearance, and this paper from the Lucille collection was perfect.


This sentiment is from the Friendship Assortment stamp set from Stampendous - a fantastic set! I cut the sentiment using Labels 1, #1 die template (with #1 being the smallest die template). I found that die template #1 from 5x7 Matting Basics A fit this image perfectly, so I used it to cut and emboss. Accidental perfection, I assure you.


I used the following copics to colour the image:
   Hair: E41,71,74,77
   Skin: E11, 50, 51, R02
   Dress: YR01, 02, 61, E15
   Ladybugs: R46, T0, 2, 4, 5, 9
   Sky: B0000, 000, 00, 12, colorless blender
   Grass: YG91, 93, 95, 97


This little banner was created using the Enhanced Banner die template. After I cut the banner I did a reverse emboss using the polka dot die that come in the set by running it through upside down. Then, I sanded the embossed polka dots and sponged it using brown ink. The leaves here are from the Aster Create-a-Flower set.

I think I liked the darling image of the girl and ladybugs before I sponged it, but there was nothing to do for it once it was done except to sponge the entire rest of the the card, which I like the effect of.

Thank-you for stopping by, and I sincerely hope your week is blessed!

stamps; Ladybug Hello (a day for daisies), Friendship Assortment (Stampendous)
ink; pumice stone, frayed burlap, brushed corduroy distress ink (ranger), onyx black (tsukineko)
paper; mini skirt, betty (basic grey), bark, raven (bazzill), x-press it blending cardstock (copic), old olive (SU!)
accessories; S6-001 5x7 Matting Basics A, SCD-001 Enhanced Banner, S2-063 Aster create-a-flower, S4-161 Labels 1 (spellbinders), flower (petaloo), button (basic grey), twine (may arts)

2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is absolutely adorable, lovely coloring and the design is very cute too!

Pauline said...

Loretta this is so adorable. Love your layout and of course your colouring is done to perfection. Gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...